News Bulletin 11th October 2018
- Lost Property – There is quite a lot of lost property at the moment – a table will be put out in the lobby tomorrow morning. As always, if you can ensure that uniform is named it would be helpful all round.
- Missing Guitar – One of our budding guitarists has currently misplaced his guitar. We think it might have been taken home by someone else in error. If your child plays the guitar in school we would appreciate it if you just double check you have taken the right one home.
- Mobile Phones – A gentle reminder that adults must not use their mobile phones within the school building please. Your help in this matter is much appreciated.
- Door Security – We are currently looking into plans to change the security arrangements on the main door. An email regarding this will be sent out next week.
- Christmas Cards – The children have been busy designing their own Christmas cards again this year. There will be an opportunity for you to purchase these and we hope that the proof cards can be sent out to you before half term.
- New Staff – This week we welcome Maisie Potter. Maisie has joined our team in the After School Club.
- Pat Newson – Our wonderful Pat has made a speedy recovery from his hip operation and is hoping to be back on gate duty next week – we look forward to seeing him in his usual spot!
- Science Day – On Monday we are very much looking forward to welcoming the Astro Dome into school. This is a special science day that has been arranged by Miss Harris. All children from Pre-Prep to Prep 6 will be able to enjoy and take part in this event during the day.
- Mass – A reminder that a Mass will be held in school next Wednesday (17th) at 9am in the school hall – parents welcome to attend.
- PTA – A reminder that the PTA is holding a planning meeting after school next Thursday (18th) at 6pm. Please pop along if you are interested in helping out with this event.
- All Saints Mass – 10am 1st November at St John’s Cathedral – Children from Prep 2 upwards will be attending the All Saints Mass at St John’s. Pupils from Preps 4, 5 & 6 have been practising their choral skills and will be singing as part of the service. Parents are welcome to attend – more details to follow after half term.
- Other Trips & Visits – There are a number of trips booked in for after half term. The dates are below for your information. As always, trip details will be sent out by the relevant class teachers nearer the time.
- Year 6 Rugby Fans – Under 11 rugby players might like to know of the Michael Lawton Rugby Academy that is running over half term at the Norwich Rugby Club. Charges are £30 per day. Flyers in the School Office.
- Holiday Club – A reminder that holiday club does not run during the half term breaks. Dates for the 2018/19 year as follows:
Christmas Holiday: 17th to 21st December
Easter Holiday: 8th to 18th April
Summer Holiday: 10th to 26th July – August dates T.B.C
DATES FOR THE DIARY :
v Wednesday 17th October – Mass – 9am – School Hall
v Thursday 18th October – PTA Christmas Bazaar Planning Meeting – 6pm – School Hall
v Friday 19th October – Prep 6 Cake Sale - 3.30pm
Half Term Break Week Commencing 22nd October
v Wednesday 31st October - Prep 4 trip to the Time & Tide Museum
v Thursday 1st November – All Saints Schools Mass at St John’s Cathedral – 10am
v Monday 5th November – Prep 3 trip to Sea Life Centre
v Wednesday 7th November – Cross Country at Earlham Park
v Friday 9th November – Hockey competition at school – NDPS –v- St Nicholas House
v Tuesday 13th November– Tag Rugby – UEA SportsPark
v Wednesday 14th November – Prep 6 Science Day at Hethersett Old Hall School
v Thursday 22nd November – Pre-Prep visit to Easton College
v Monday 26th November – Immunisation Team – Flu Vaccine – Pre-Prep to Prep 5
v Saturday 1st December – Christmas Bazaar 11.30am – 2.30pm
v Tuesday 4th December – Butterfly & Pre-Prep – Nativity Play – 2pm – School Hall
v Wednesday 5th December – Prep 1 & Prep 2 – Nativity Play – 2pm – School Hall
v Friday 7th December – Prep 1 – Norwich Puppet Theatre
v Monday 10th December – Carol Service at St John’s Cathedral – Compulsory for all children from Prep 1 upwards
Last day of term Friday 14th December
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL – USE THE CONTACT EMAILS BELOW FOR CORRESPONDENCE
Headmaster Rob Thornton firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy Head Louise Campbell email@example.com
Bursar Alli Warne firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary Elisa Moore email@example.com