The latest newsletter can be accessed here: Newsletter M9 15.05.2019
News Bulletin 12th September 2019
SCHOOL PHONES – BT LINE FAULT: There is a currently a fault with the BT line coming into the school and the repair is unlikely to be facilitated until tomorrow when the engineer will be onsite. Calls have been redirected to a mobile phone in the interim but if you have any urgent messages you wish to convey please send us an email and we will get back to you.
- Gate Times/Access to School: Just for clarification the school gates will be opened at 7:45am and 3pm respectively to allow cars onto the playground for drop off and pick up. In addition, parents are welcome to use the main entrance into the school at drop off and pick up time, we just do not allow children to independently exit from the main entrance after school. Children from Prep 2 – 6 are dismissed from the Caterpillar gate for supervision and safety reasons. If you are exiting from the main entry with your child please ensure they are supervised.
- Prep 2 Children – Pick up: Mrs Laudan has requested that parents of Prep 2 children come into the Caterpillar playground to collect please rather than collect from the entrance to the car park. Prep 2 will be waiting for parents near the fire escape stairs to avoid congestion by the gate.
- Second-hand Uniform: The PTA will be holding a second-hand uniform sale before the half term break. They will confirm the exact date shortly.
- Harvest BBQ: Our harvest/welcome back barbeque will take place in the school garden on Saturday 21st September between 12 noon and 2pm. Tickets cost £5.00 for adults and £3.00 for children – these will be on sale from tomorrow morning. As always we are looking for donations of cakes, salads and help on the day to set up, cook, serve and clear away; the sign up board is out for you to pop your name down.
- Macmillan Coffee Morning: This year we will be holding a coffee morning in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support. This will be held on Thursday 26th September between 9am and 10.30am in the school garden. Donations of cakes and treats would be very much appreciated. Please speak with Mrs Campbell who is organising the coffee morning if you are able to make a cake or help out at this event. Thank you in advance for your support.
- Medicines in School: All prescribed medication should be taken to the School Office and the appropriate consent form completed. Please note that we cannot give medication without consent and we are unable to administer non-prescription medication* unless they have been prescribed by the doctor or are part of a child’s care plan. *We do obtain consent from parents on our admission forms for the administration of paracetamol (Calpol) but this will only be administered to a child if it is felt absolutely necessary – a phone call home would normally precede the administration of this.
- Flu Vaccinations: Flu vaccinations are due to take place in school on Friday 18th October 2019. Please find attached a letter from the NHS for your attention which provides a link to their portal to enable you to give or decline your consent for the vaccination. Note the portal will close on Thursday 10th October.
- Accident Forms: For your information, accident forms will be printed on yellow paper from now on so that they are a little more obvious when they go home in your child’s bag following an incident.
- Extra-Curricular Clubs: Once again thank you for your patience with this – we are planning some changes for next term but rest assured the office team have been working extremely hard to make this work and facilitate the clubs you require for your children. Invoices will be prepared from Monday 16th September and will be sent out towards the end of next week.
- PP & KS1 Stay & Chat: This will be held on Tuesday 17th September between 8.45am and 10am. This is an opportunity, if you so wish, to stay for a short while in the class and chat to the staff about the forthcoming year.
- Peripatetic Teachers: Please find below a list of our current peripatetic teachers, the instruments/subjects they offer along with the day they are in school and their contact details. If you wish to obtain further details or want to book your child in please contact the teacher directly. Please note that Mary-Ann McLaughlin will no longer be teaching Yoga.
||Monday and Tuesday
|Speech & Drama
||Tuesday and Wednesday
Coming up next:
v Extra-curricular clubs begin – Monday 16th September 2019
v Pre-Prep & KS1 Stay & Chat – Tuesday 17th September – 8.45am to 10 am
v Harvest BBQ – Saturday 21st September – 12 noon – 2pm
v Macmillan Coffee Morning – Thursday 26th September – 9am – 10.30am
v School Photos – Thursday 3rd October – 8.30am – 11.30am
v Parents Evenings – Week Commencing Monday 14th October
v Flu Vaccinations (Pre-Prep to Prep 6) – Friday 18th October
v Half Term – Week Commencing Monday 21st October
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL – USE THE CONTACT EMAILS BELOW FOR CORRESPONDENCE
Headmaster Rob Thornton email@example.com
Deputy Head (Pastoral) Louise Campbell firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy Head (Academic) Kim Laudan email@example.com
Bursar Alli Warne firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary Elisa Moore email@example.com
Headmaster’s PA Serena Smith firstname.lastname@example.org