The latest newsletter can be accessed here: Newsletter M9 15.05.2019
News Bulletin 8th July 2019
- Prize Giving Prep 6 – Today: This will take place at St John’s Cathedral at 12pm today. Preps 4 to 6 children will walk to the Cathedral. Prep 6 families are welcome to attend the prize giving. Refreshments will be provided for the Prep 6 parents and their children after the event in the Narthex.
- School Disco (P3-P6) – Tonight: Please use the West End Street car park for dropping off and collecting from the disco tonight. Please buzz the intercom for entry and you will be let through the gate (same as after school club entry). The Dereham Road gates will be kept locked for the duration of the disco.
- PTA Funds: Over the last couple of years the school community have been very busy raising funds for the school. Following a meeting of the committee last Thursday the PTA have agreed that they will be donating £15,000 to the school this summer. This generous donation will be spent on new library furniture, which will be located in the new extension and four BenQ 65” interactive computer screens for four of the classrooms in the existing building. The school is really grateful for this donation – the new equipment and furniture will really enhance facilities for the pupils no end from the start of the new term. A big thank you to all of you that have supported and continue to support the PTA events; the value of this fundraising for our school speaks for itself.
If you are interested in joining the PTA committee or simply helping out, the PTA will be meeting every second Tuesday of the month. The first meeting will be held on Tuesday 10th September.
- School Reports: These will be sent home with your child tomorrow, the last day of term. If your child will not be in school on this day the report will be posted to you.
- Autumn Term Invoicing: The invoices for the autumn term will be sent out along with the new payment amounts for the 2019/20 academic year by the end of this week. Please remember that if you pay monthly continue with your current payment amount until the end of August. All new payment amounts for the next academic year will be effective from September.
- Newsletter: Look out for the final newsletter of the summer which will be sent out very soon. Lots of exciting events have been happening at school this half of the term – there will be lots of wonderful pictures for you to peruse.
- Holiday Club: When dropping off and collecting from holiday club please do so from the Dereham Road car park. Holiday club takes place in the school hall. The rear playground (West End Street) will be out of bounds to staff and parents from 10th July for the whole summer break.
- Last Day of Term – Tuesday 9th July: Children can begin to be collected from 2.30pm. A reminder that there is NO AFTER SCHOOL CLUB on this day and the school closes at 4pm.
- Thank You: A huge thank you goes out to all our parents for your patience with the car parking this half of the term whist the building work has been going on; we really appreciate this. We must especially thank Mrs Warminger (Poppy’s mum Prep 4) for helping out every afternoon on the car park assisting the staff with directing traffic, parents and children. We must not forget Pat Newson (Poppy’s grandad Prep 4) who does a great job out on West End Street day in day out in all weathers – THANK YOU!
Coming up next:
v Tonight – School Disco for Preps 3 to 6 – 6.30pm to 8.30pm
v Tuesday 9th July – School closes for the summer - NO AFTER SCHOOL CARE
v Holiday club – 10th to 26th July (fully booked)
v School Opens – Autumn Term – Thursday 5th September 2019
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL – USE THE CONTACT EMAILS BELOW FOR CORRESPONDENCE
Headmaster Rob Thornton firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy Head (Pastoral) Louise Campbell email@example.com
Deputy Head (Academic) Kim Laudan firstname.lastname@example.org
Bursar Alli Warne email@example.com
Secretary Elisa Moore firstname.lastname@example.org