News Bulletin 6th December 2018
- Christmas Bazaar – A huge thank you to all that helped, donated and came to the Christmas Bazaar. The amount raised was an amazing £2240.00. A particular thank you to those businesses that donated: Notcutts, Contract Personnel, Wine Cellar (Guildhall Hill), The Style Show & John Lewis/Clarins.
- Poppy Appeal – Thank you for your donations during the poppy appeal – the total raised was £154.70.
- Prep 2 Swimming – Just to confirm that the swimming for Prep 2 has come to an end so no need for swimming kits tomorrow. Please bring in a PE kit for your child instead.
- Carol Service at St John’s Cathedral – Monday 10th December at 6.30pm – Children should arrive at the Cathedral by 6.15pm (no earlier than 6pm) please wearing their full uniform including blazer.
- Christmas Parties – Each class has a food donation list outside the classroom. Please sign up as soon as possible. Note this is a non-uniform day and there will not be any hot food served by the kitchen on this day as the party food will be the children’s lunch.
- Last week of term – Next week is our last week of term and is very busy with the Carol Service, Mass, Christmas Lunch and Christmas Parties (see below for dates). Just a reminder that on Friday, the last day of term, the school closes at 4pm, therefore, there is NO after school care this day. Children can start to be collected from the lower school from 3pm.
- Holiday Club W/C 17th December – Holiday club will take place in the Butterfly Nursery. Please park at the West End Street side of the school and use the entrance into the nursery via the playground (this will be signposted). Please note that the office will not be manned full time this week so entry from the Dereham Road end cannot be guaranteed.
- Extra-Curricular Clubs – Spring Term – The extra-curricular club lists will go home in the book bags on Monday, however, it is important to note that bookings cannot be taken until Monday 7th January. For absolute fairness, clubs will be allocated strictly on a first come, first served basis and payment must accompany the booking.
- St John’s Cathedral Christmas Bazaar – St John’s are holding their annual Christmas Bazaar this Saturday. The event starts at 10.30am
DATES FOR THE DIARY:
Coming up next:
v Friday 7th December – Prep 1 – Norwich Puppet Theatre
v Monday 10th December – Carol Service at St John’s Cathedral – Compulsory for all children from Prep 1 upwards
v Wednesday 12th December – Mass – 9am – School Hall
v Wednesday 12th December – Christmas Lunch
v Thursday 13th December – Christmas Parties – Non-Uniform – Party Food
v Last day of term Friday 14th December – NO AFTER SCHOOL CARE
v Monday 7th January – commencement of the spring term
v Tuesday 15th January – Sports Hall Athletics UEA Preps 5 & 6 (Children by invitiation)
v Tuesday 22nd January – Prep 5 Norwich Castle Museum – Mystery of Prehistory
v Wednesday 6th February – Prep 1 Norwich Cathedral – Fire, Fire!
v Wednesday 13th February – Mass at school – Main Hall – 9am
v Friday 15th February – School closes for half term