We are currently seeking a cook to prepare and serve a light tea in our After School Club from January 2018. The hours of work are Monday to Friday from 2.30pm to 5.30pm each day during term-time. Full training will be given for the role, however, experience working in the kitchen environment and/or a current level 2 food hygiene certificate would be an advantage.
In addition to having the ability to prepare quality meals, the successful candidate will show that they are able to work as part of a team, be reliable and have a conscientious work ethic.
Hours – 15 per week – Term Time Only
Pay £8.00 per hour which equates to £4680 per annum
- Preparation, cooking and serving of food to the after school club children – approximately 20 meals per evening.
- Plan a three week healthy eating menu mainly based on fresh ingredients in liaison with the Cook Manager.
- Prepare food in accordance with particular dietary and religious needs.
- Adhere to food hygiene regulations and standards.
- Completion of daily check list for food safety.
- Undertake food hygiene training on a biannual basis.
- Preparation of a weekly shopping list.
- Remove rubbish on a daily basis
- Leave the kitchen clean and tidy ready for lunch service the next day.
- Foster a caring and positive attitude towards the children.
- Committed to Safeguarding Children
- Uphold the ethos of a Catholic school
Notre Dame Prep School is committed to safeguarding children and as such, the successful applicant will be subject to the necessary safer recruitment checks, including but not limited to, a DBS check.
To request an application pack please apply to Alli Warne either by email: email@example.com or call 01603 625593.