As a Catholic school we endeavour to nurture a love of God through Jesus Christ in all our children. The school has an ethos of love and care and embraces children of all faiths.
Children are treated as individuals, respected, nurtured and encouraged to embrace and fulfil their potential in all areas of school life.
We foster positive relationships with peers and adults, looking for mutual respect.
We provide a wide-range of extra curricular activities in order to develop the talents of each child.
In order to achieve the above, the following statements are of paramount importance:
- We must value everyone; children, colleagues and parents for the unique people that they are.
- We must develop compassion, tolerance, empathy and co-operation in our children
- We must encourage our children to look beyond themselves in order to develop spiritually and creatively.
- We must first believe in ourselves and encourage children to believe in themselves.
- Learning means growing and acknowledging our strengths and weaknesses.
- We must encourage our children to set goals, take risks, make decisions and develop their confidence to change their thinking, when necessary, in order to achieve goals.
- We must believe that all things are possible.
- We must encourage children to give of their best at all times and not to be content to give less.
- We must praise our children for their efforts.
- We must acknowledge that the quality of education that we give to our children will be determining factor in how their lives unfold.
- To acquire knowledge and to use it wisely is a powerful force.